You can be the consumers’ and business owners’ best ally on bug elimination.
Appropriate advanced software is readily available today in the market with dynamic development models that include the likes of Agile, Waterfall and RUP in testing and identifying bugs for total annihilation.
The best development team is dedicated to detect and fix the bug problem with the right forms of testing on all potential bugs in any platform to deliver the dynamic software. This makes testing a risk-mitigation task.
ISTQB commented, “Software testing involves a stringent process where the program or application is executed to find software bugs.” This is fully supported at Ubie with a proactive mindset.
Ubie deploys Agile where 2 important quality assurance testing facts are very obvious.
1) Testing has been naturally built into the development process.
Testers validate every acceptance criterion with a deeper check on corner cases. It is possible that the acceptance criteria could form the “top of the iceberg”. The development team must work diligently to identify present defects that must be rectified at the end of every run.
2) Testing is mandatory prior to project launch.
It is critical to activate regression testing before launching the project from the development phase. Testers prove to the high-handed gatekeepers where no launching is allowed prior to an approved pre-launch test which assures every party of the dynamics of the software in its role and functions.
Tester Role in the Team
Traditional functions of a tester are identified in the development using Agile which include:
1) Identify acceptance criteria
The objective is to identify and provide the working feature at every test run. In the planning stage, the tester certifies the availability of relevant examples using the said feature dynamically. This role is paramount to the proper testing to be executed for optimal results.
2) Apply different testing measures
When various types of testing are deployed, there is a higher scope of testing coverage for a more successful project. Testing could fall under different devices pending progressive technologies, upgraded browsers and emulators.
Project requirements are properly covered using specially designed tests through various techniques before testing the various software aspects that include:
3) Identify and Resolve Defects
Where there are potential or present defects in the software, there is a need to correct these with further re-tests. Ubie applies JIRA aptly in the management of defects which provides a transparent progress on software development in terms of work hours and quality. Hence, defects are corrected quickly in real time.
Ubie testers are competent testing experts with the right testers assigned for the right role for a more effective contribution of an identified valuable feature. Our tester is expected to:
- Be a “user’s advocate” with a sharp perception of end-user interaction behaviors and patterns to develop the software which offers a satisfying online user experience.
- Skillfully steer the entire testing process while educating other team members on plausible testing methods and techniques. The tester may not be the expert in some particular testing techniques but the right attitude in discovery and application of new techniques may sprout better results for delivery.
The Way Forward
Good testers dedicate themselves to stringent testing measures with a disciplined attitude that would not allow any important aspect to be left out. There must be a stirring of heart and mind for potential improvements to excel better.
It is imperative that an open attitude and feedback be adopted for improvements to happen; something which Ubie does not hesitate to execute. Client feedback is highly sought after with the intention of improving current performance and productivity through further experimentations in generating plausible solutions that would transform into test process innovations before integrating them quickly to enhance daily activities.
At the moment, work-in-progress at Ubie includes:
- Introduction of test case review where successful designed tests are shared among teams with feedback for improvement. This would ensure a total coverage of aspects in the software for a more dynamic solution.
- Keep developers informed on corner cases which testers would check to activate additional conditional checks for defect prevention.
- New tool experimentation by testers who like to have new toys to collate relevant feedback. This could be through recording of defective workflows to communicate existing defects using the new tools.
- Sharing results is what UBIE is poised to execute
This innovative and light-structure company encourages testers to try out new innovations in the market based on the latest technologies and then share the good results to benefit others.
A successful experiment should be adopted as a good practice without delay with many more projects and teams synergizing to develop optimal solutions. Hence, UBIE does not hesitate in testing knowledge and sharing optimal solutions through well-structured sharing sessions that would enhance other parties in the market.